Spotted on the street . . .

 Hello cavedwellers.  This will be short, and there will be no mountains involved.

Yesterday I went to Ginza to meet a friend and pick up a new pair of boots that arrived from the states to his p.o. box.  We had lunch with a friend in Ginza and it was such a beautiful day so I couldn't help but go for a long walk to break them in.  I walked through the Imperial Palace, Hibiya Park, Akasaka, Omotosando, Yoyogi Park, Inokashira Park.  26.6km when I finally got on a train in Mitaka.

I love my boots; I've been buying a pair of the same ones every year for the past three years.  Unfortunately quality control doesn't seem to be a priority at Columbia these days.

"You had one job . . . "


I caught this sign in a window as I was walking down the street.  I respect anyone who has respect for man caves . . .


but these are too many rules for my taste, though.  The only rule of my man cave is "Get off my lawn."

Here are some pics of the walk.  Have a nice day.


Around the Imperial Gardens








That's Tokyo Station.  It's rumored to a copy of a station in the Netherlands.



Hibiya Park

The National Diet


Harajuku Station had a facelift a few years ago.  I liked the old look better but this is more functional.


Olympic Stadium


Yoyogi Park


It's only September and Santa Claus is already making an appearance.  I did a doubletake and thought I was in Manila and not Tokyo for a second.  Christmas dominates the "ber" months--SeptemBER, OctoBER,... down there.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please, keep it clean.