Mountains rock

Greetings cave dwellers.

I had a full day of doctor's appointments this day.  If I were to compare it to car maintenance, I would say they checked under my hood and kicked my tires.  They checked my oil and other fluids ran computer diagnostics and tested my emissions.

I was kind of depressed about this health check because for more than a year my schedule has allowed me to go hiking every Wednesday and I didn't want to break my streak.

On the way home from the hospital I realized that I could get in a short hike if I hurried.  I got home at 3:30, was out the door by 3:40, and on a trail by 4:15.  I was able to get in a few miles and was on my way home not long after dark.  It wasn't as far as I would have liked and there wasn't that much to see but just being in the woods is so rejuvenating.  

I've been on these particular mountains several times but never at this time of day.  The sights and sounds were different at twilight than during the morning or afternoon hours.  The sound of the birds singing around sunset was particularly exquisite.

This area is just a few miles from Musashi-Itsukaichi Station and is accessible by bus or car.  There is trout fishing and camping nearby.  It's near the Jurigi intersection and not far from the Seoto no yu onsen.



Thank God for nature.  Thank you to the Japanese for keeping the mountains clean.








I did this hike during the golden hour but, unfortunately, this area doesn't have many great views.



Make sure to subscribe to stay up to date.  I should have an interesting report next week.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please, keep it clean.