Just about the perfect day on Mt Daibosatsurei. 大菩薩嶺

 

Welcome cave dwellers.

One of my favorite mountains is Mt Daibosaturei.

Yesterday was one of my favorite trips up it.

Grab a handful of trail mix and let me show you some stuff.







This mountain has a lot going for it.  Some of the views are really breathtaking and from different parts of the trails, you can see in all four directions of the compass. 






 

This lodge at the Daibosatsurei Pass is one of the many lodges in the area.  There are also family campgrounds and the like in the area.  Many of the facilities are accessible by car and not that far from the mountain so this mountain is family-friendly.  There are also more arduous trails available for more of a workout.  The route I chose yesterday was 20 miles.  It didn't feel that long because it was so much fun!

I bought some swag here yesterday.  I think I will make another blog post about that.

Daibosatsu Pass




Mt Fuji!





Missed it?  Look again.  Unfortunately, Fuji was playing hide and seek today.








Peanut butter on homemade banana bread.  This bread is really yummy even though it's healthy.  Comment for the recipe.




One of the wonderful things about yesterday's trek was that I didn't see many people.  I don't think I saw more than 10 hikers the whole day.  I felt like I had the mountaintop all to myself.  





This mountaintop is so unremarkable that they didn't even write the name on the marker.  I liked the name, though so I stopped by.  The name is 中指, "Nakayubi", which translates to "Middle Finger" in English.






This is a kamoshika.  It's a serow, in English.  Sometimes they are called Japanese antelope.  I bumped into this guy near dusk.  For all the time I spend in the mountains, this is only the third time I have seen one.

kamoshika near Daibosatsurei カモシカ











No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please, keep it clean.