Still rainy season

Since it's still rainy season, I decided to give up any hope of staying dry and just go hunting some waterfalls.  As they say in the army, embrace the suck.

It was a wet day, but it was fun.  The first part of the day, I went to the north side of Musashi Itsukaichi Station to take in the Shiraiwa Falls.  And . . . since I was in the neighborhood, I decided to climb Mts Hinode and Aso while I was there.  I seem incapable of putting on hiking boots without climbing at least one mountain.
白岩の滝 Shiraiwanotaki












akiruno あきる野市 滝

白岩の滝










After that, I headed a few miles away on my bike to see Kongo Falls.  That was a much shorter walk, but a lot more worthwhile.  That is a fun place!

katarainomichi akigawa hill course




The Kotokuji Shrine
Kotokuji Shrine






This is cool!

Kongo Falls Tunnel


And after climbing through that tunnel, this is the reward.





Kongo Falls 金剛の滝










Kongo Falls 金剛の滝 2




Kongo Falls 金剛の滝 3

Kongo Falls 金剛の滝 4




If you made it all the way to here on the blog post, you probably need to get a life.  This one was long.  I couldn't help but put up so many pictures.  I really like running water.

Maybe the next blog post will have some sun in it.  We'll see.  Take care.




 

3 comments:

  1. You look like a kid here! Glad you get out and get your hike on. Stay safe. God bless. And yes, in the words of Lauren Daigle, Hold on to Me! Xo karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen.
      I don't know why blogger didn't let me reply sooner.

      Delete
  2. ps "look like" a kid? I assure you, I am a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Please, keep it clean.