Mt. Yokoo

 



What's up, cavepeople?

This is a boring post.  Feel free to skip it.

I'm only putting it up for my own record.



Area:

Kawakami, Minamisaku, Nagano/Hokuto City, Yamanashi

Location:

Map:  ***The Caveman is giving up on posting links to Yama to Kogen maps.  They go out of date after a year or so and the links die.  If you want a link to their latest map, comment and I'll get you a link to their latest map of the area.

Online printable topo map

Starting and stopping point: 

Shinshu Pass

Peaks bagged: 

Yokoo (横尾山)

(First-time) peaks # 940


Getting there/getting around:  

There is a parking lot for about 5 cars at the pass.

Helpful Info

Weather Information: 


Time and distance

Total Time: 2:48  Break time:  :11 Distance:  7.28 km
Elevation:  Lowest: 1,466 m  Highest: 1,818 m Total Ascent: 568 m  Total Descent: 568 m


Technical considerations/difficulty:  

Not many ropes or chains.  Nothing really dangerous.  The trail has many areas of high grass and/or sasa (bamboo grass).  This makes the trail hard to see sometimes and on a day like this one when there had been some rain really makes your feet wet.


Facilities:  

Nothing

T

houghts/observations/recommendations:  

This is one of Yamanashi's 100 Famous Mountains.  I know you can see Fuji on a clear day.  Unfortunately, I did not see much of anything on this hike.

The hike from Shinshu Pass to Yokoo isn't that taxing and would be nice on a clear day.  


Sorry if the next few pictures are too busy.

I wanted to connect the dots with a hike I'd made two months earlier from Hisawa Pass to the west to Tofu Rock so I went as far as Tofu Rock on this particular hike.  I wouldn't recommend doing that--unless you have some O.C.-type desire like I do to connect the dots.  The trail between Mt. Yokoo and the two Mori mountains to the west is a bit of a slog.


That track was of a bike ride I made from home to the Mt. Mizugaki area.  Mizugaki is one of my favorite mountains.


This latest hike

Shinshu to Yokoo

Here are some pictures








It does look a bit like a cube of tofu.



The views I didn't catch . . .




That's all for today.
Caveman out.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please, keep it clean.