The Year of the Dragon is upon us. Monomi and Hirao Fuji.

 


Happy New Year!  Welcome to the Year of the Dragon.  πŸ‰  

Let's all hope we don't encounter Smaug πŸ‰ on the Lonely Mountain.  ⛰️


I went for walks a few mornings before work this week and I'm going to put up a few pictures.  If you're interested in either of these areas in detail, take a look at the previous posts I made.  The first batch is from the Mt. Monomi area.  The second batch is from Hirao Fuji. The third is Monomi at sunrise.

Mt. Monomi Post

https://mymancaveisthemountains.blogspot.com/2024/05/sunrise-from-mt-monomi.html

Hirao Fuji

Around Mt. Monomi, I encountered three or four bevies of does.  The grey hours after sunrise and before sunset are good times to spot deer in the mountains here.




The view from Monomi Iwa 
(Iwa means boulder.)







If you're from America, you're probably wondering why I bothered taking a picture of a squirrel.  They are so rare here that they are kept in zoos.  I think I've only seen one or two in nature in as many decades.

squirrel in Saku

Squirrel in Saku 2






more views from Monomi

another view from Monomi

view from Monomi



Arafune from Monomi Iwa





This second batch is from Mt. Hirao Fuji.

This is the ski area at Parada.  The slope faces south.  I assume they have a short ski season.


















The top

Top of Hirao Fuji in Saku







Asama from Hirao Fuji

Parada Ski Area





The artificial snow on the ski slope gave me a chance (an excuse) to put my crampons on.  I have a new pair of boots and I've been wondering it the crampons would fit them.


It's like a winter πŸ€© wonderland--where the snowgun was pointing.  πŸ˜„  Everywhere else is green.






Well, spelunkers, that's all for today.

Caveman out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please, keep it clean.