We moved

Mrs. Caveman and I moved to Saku City in Nagano Prefecture this past week.  

The cherry blossoms are peaking.  The mountains around Yatsugatake, Mt. Tateshina and Mt. Asama are gorgeous.

The people are really nice, too!  I loved living in Tokyo all those years but these people are special.

I haven't had time for any blog-worthy hikes yet but thought I would like to share some of this beautiful scenery; particularly since the cherry blossoms are so beautiful right now.

I can't wait to get my boots on again.

Yatsugatake

Fun-fact.  Yatsugatake-produced milk is prohibitively expensive in Tokyo. 

Around Yatsugatake it is still prohibitively expensive.



My new school


Various places


The Catholic Church in Saku.  The priest is a 91-year-old Franciscan.





Happy Easter!  He is risen.  He is risen indeed!


Heading toward my first "peak".  This is a little hill I ran up before my first day of work.
Priorities.



From Mt. Kokuzo





Another view of Yatsugatake.











Mt. Asama.  It erupted in 2019.  Can't go to the top because of the air now.



See you soon with a report, I hope!

Take care and Happy Easter!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the move! Half your luck, Saku City would be an awesome spot to live. For starters, it's got the good ol' Koumi Line running through its heart, and you're so close to the mountains! All the best with the new teaching gig, and I look forward to seeing some incredible adventures from that neck of the woods :-)

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Please, keep it clean.