Matsumoto City, Mt. Naka and Mt. Koubo Trailrun





Location: Mt. Koubo, Matsumoto-shi

Starting and stopping point:  Minami Matsumoto Station 〜 Matsumoto Station

Peaks bagged: Koubo  Naka 

Getting there/getting around:  The trailhead is about a 1.8 km walk from Minami Matsumoto Station or 3 km from Matsumoto.

Map:  I just used my iphone.  It's not really a mountain trail.

Total Time:  About 90 minutes. Break time:   About 30 minutes taking pictures.

Distance:  10.5 km.   About half of that was on pavement.

Elevation:  Lowest:   585m   Highest:  835   Total Ascent:  354m  Total Descent:  363m

Technical considerations/difficulty:  None

Facilities:  There is parking and a restroom on the way.

Thoughts/observations/recommendations: I was in Matsumoto for some training and wanted to get into the hills. This is a nice walk in the park for the locals.  It's not the type of place I'd set as a destination from far away but it was nice.  

I wanted to get to Mt. Naka and back to my hotel room early enough in the morning so that I could get cleaned up and go on to my training venue on time so I got on a train before 6 and ran instead of hiked.  It was a bit cold starting out as it was 1 degree Celsius and I was wearing just a t-shirt and shorts.  🥶  It was a great morning, though.  Beautiful skies and some of the sakura were peaking.


Here are some pictures.  


































Subscribe to see 👀 the next post first.

Come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please, keep it clean.