Mountain #499. Lake Miyagase area again. (Still leech-free!)

This was another lovely day in the Tanzawa area.  Lake Miyagase, like all the dammed-up reservoirs around here, offers some beautiful views.




This was a short trip.  I only wanted to get to one new peak on this trip.  According to the climbing app I use, I am approaching 500 peaks.  I have something special in mind for #500 so yesterday's goal was to get to #499.




Considerable planning and expense have gone into the plan for number 500 so you can imagine my shock when I got home yesterday and saw this statistic on my iphone.





Say what?!  How could I possibly have miscounted?  

The plan I had/have for #500 is meaningless except for my 500th.  Drastic measures were necessary.  

I deleted yesterday's hike from my app.  Voila, problem solved.



I am now a mere tenderfoot with only 499 peaks under my belt.



So, onto yesterday.  This sign is where I started.  This trailhead is right next to a bus stop.  From there, it's only an hour or so hike up to Mt. Bukka.  




Mt. Bukka has some great views.


Looking to the west and northwest, you can see the Minami Alps.




Looking north, you can see up to Okutama and beyond to Saitama. 



I was also able to see Mt. Nantai, Mt. Tsukuba and Tokyo Skytree with the naked eye.  I could even pick out the mall we live by with binoculars.  I've never been able to catch a glimpse of it it from this area.





The trailhead where I started is at a bus stop.  There is also a parking lot and some picnic benches nearby.  The point where I popped out of the woods back onto the road also is a similar setup.  These mountains are not very high yet offer some spectacular views.  Despite these good points, these hills aren't as heavily trafficked as mountains like Takao.  

I recommend this area for families, date-type hikes, or to other people who want to get out but are not interested in anything too strenuous. 

The buses to this area start at Hon-Atsugi Station.






Stay tuned for #500.  I should be posting about that trip real soon.  I'm hoping it will be interesting.  I've put a fair amount of planning into this hike and am even spending a lot more than the usual tank of gas.  (Feel free to hit that support me button if you can!  Papa needs a new pair of socks after all this walking.)  

I don't want to give away any spoilers.  I'll just say I will be going much farther from home than I usually do and I'll be employing some special winter equipment my next time out.



Thanks for dropping by my man-cave.  Looking forward to having you by again.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please, keep it clean.