Torisawa Station to Otsuki Station

 Greetings cave critters.


I went for a hike from Torisawa Station on the Chuo train line to Otsuki Station on the same line the other day.  I've hiked quite a bit in this area before, but only on the north side of the Chuo Line.  The hills to the south offer some perspective on places I've been before and I really like that.  This isn't the most photogenic time of year though, so I didn't get that many great pictures.  I'll just put up a few today.  















Bonus points if you spot the photobomber.







Mt Gangaharasuri is one of those mountains.  It's view of Fuji is famous because it used to be on the 5 yen note.  Last year I climbed it two weeks in a row and missed seeing Fuji because of clouds both times.






Mt Iwadono stands out when you take the Chuo Line out to Yamanashi.  It's worth climbing if you're in the area and have some spare time.  The view of Otsuki from it is really neat.


Iwadono and Otsuki Station 岩殿と大月駅



Saruhashi ("Monkey Bridge") Station is another station between Torisawa and Otsuki so if you are interested in hiking in this area there is a shorter option than the route I chose.  I'm a glutton for punishment.  I like to get in as much distance as I can during these days with lots of sunlight.  




Incidentally, the Saruhashi that the station is named after is worth taking a peek at if you're in the area.  There is a little gorge and a famous old bridge.  It's not that big a deal though.  Only if you're in the area.
https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place/Kai+Saruhashi/@35.6155932,138.9800679,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x601941987b67b1e9:0xffd552fe490c29dd!8m2!3d35.6157453!4d138.9802273?hl=en

More in the near future.  Take care.  I hope you can see and appreciate something beautiful today.


Lk 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Please, keep it clean.